The success of any business depends in a large part on how well you promote the business http://findlocationsnear.me/find-locations-near-me-guide/. This is also true for online business directories. One should set at least an hour a day actively promoting their online business directory.
The following is a list of tips to promoting your online business directory:
1. Press Releases: Submitting online press releases is a great way to raise awareness of your online business directory. There are a number of free online press release websites one can use. When submitting a press release, make sure you pick business categories and highlight what your directory can do for a business.
2. Online Promotion: Posting messages on online business forums and business bulletin boards is a great way to target and attain businesses. Make sure your signature includes your business directory URL. As well, make sure messages highlight your professionalism and that your directory is a valuable resource for businesses to promote their websites and products and services. Check the forum to see how much traffic they are receiving.
3. Tap into Local Businesses: If you live in an area where there are a lot of businesses that have their own websites, visit them in person, or send out brochures highlighting the advantages of posting their business site on your directory, including how people can type in the ZIP Code to find local businesses. As well, include your business card.
4. Free Online Classified Ads: Posting to online free classified Ads is a great way to promote your directory. Make sure you post your ad in the business section.
5. Write Articles and Post to Articles Directories: Write business articles and post them to online article sites. Your articles should be directly related to business and business directories that includes the benefits of posting to online business directories. These sites are free and are a great advertising tool. Make sure you include a short bio with the link to your online business directory.
6. Email Campaigns: Send out emails to businesses advertising your business directory. There are many sites that can help you implement a strong email advertising campaign. Make sure you do not spam a business. One e mail in a month is good.
7. Use social networks: Social networks have become a very powerful advertising tool. Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace, are a great way to get the word out about your directory. Be active and acquire friends. You can promote your directory link on your profile side of the page.
8. Publish YouTube Videos: YouTube is popular with enormous traffic daily. Make short videos about business and business promotion. Make sure the link to your directory is easy to see. You can promote your business directory on your profile page.
9. Create a Business Blog: Start a business Blog about all aspects of business promotion. Make sure you have quality content and provide a link to your online business directory.